Does Your Restaurant need Rescuing?

Send an email to mindanaobiz@gmail.com should you be needing assistance in restaurant operations and marketing services.

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Restaurants are Made of These...

Any restaurant, big or small, posh or otherwise, has to have the right combination of CONCEPT, RULES and RELATIONSHIPS.

Concept meaning marketing mix, theme, ambience, location and the like.

Rules cover control measures, house rules, business manners, policies for functions, large orders, guest complaints, employees, order replacement and workflow processes.

Relationship is all about customer service standards, service policies, values to uphold, employee relations and proper business ethics with clients and suppliers.

In my next posts I will discuss each section in details.

For starters, restaurant owners will benefit a lot by answering the following questions. This is to assess, in brief, how the restaurant fares in terms of marketing, service, stock/inventory control, staffing and cost control.
  1. What sets my restaurant apart from other restaurants belonging in the same catergory as ours?
  2. Do we have repeat customers? How many in a night?
  3. Do I know what is our average check per guest? Our average daily revenue?
  4. How much revenue goes to food and beverage? functions? large orders?
  5. How much is my food cost?
  6. Are my recipes standardized? Documented?
  7. Do I know which menu items are popular?
  8. Do I get to monitor all purchases and stock release to the kitchen?
  9. Do I have away of knowing if any food item is cooked, consumed and not paid for?
  10. Are there separate persons for purchasing, receiving and stock disbursement?
  11. Are there separate persons for cashiering and auditing?
  12. Is there a person assigned solely to see if guests are attended to properly?
  13. Do I know if guests are satisfied with the food and service?

No comments: