Does Your Restaurant need Rescuing?

Send an email to mindanaobiz@gmail.com should you be needing assistance in restaurant operations and marketing services.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What Makes a Great Restaurant Experience?

It's one question restaurant owners what the answer badly to. If guests have a great dining experience, they would tend to come back and eat in the restaurant again and again.

I am going to write this article from the point of view of somebody who frequents restaurants, not as a foodservice consultant or marketing adviser. This is one person most owners fail to consult: the consumers themselves.

When I go to a restaurant, I expect a good time. I expect good food, prompt service. Other things would be clean surroundings, clean tableware, clean toilets, okay temperature, courteous waiters, temperature.

I would like that somebody is there to welcome us and sit us when we get in. It would seem like you're not welcome if nobody is there when you arrive right?

I like waiters who smile and are friendly, who know the proper greeting without overdoing it, who seem to be happy with being a waiter, who know what questions to ask.

I like restaurants with subtle music, clean smell and matching decors.

I don't like that food takes more than 20 minutes to be served. I appreciate restaurants where waiters stand on the side to anticipate guest's needs but not too near that they hear your conversation.

How the food tastes is definitely the star of the show. Guests expect no less than good food when dining out. Guests don't want too spicy, overcooked, undercooked (unless it's supposed to be served raw), too little serving for the price. Guests want everything just right. I personally like simple yet enticing presentation. I don't like plated dishes that seemed to have just been plopped into the plate and served. I like to have the proper condiments and flatware with my food.

I like restaurants that offer something the other restaurants don't have or something they could serve better.

Lastly, I like restaurants where the people working there truly like what they are doing. It will show, you see.

I like resstaurants that make you feel good after eating there.

No comments: